Family Pic - June 2018

Family Pic - June 2018

12.08.2012

Christmas Decorating

 We put up our Christmas tree this week!

Juliana "helped" by getting out all the "toys"

And Levi took a nap!
Unfortunately the string of lights on the bottom of the tree is having a problem...it sparked when I plugged it in and then the line got really hot...so until we take the lights off and replace them we can't turn the tree on.

After we decorated the tree Juliana and I made some salt dough ornaments and covered them in glitter.  I learned a big lesson that day...never do a glitter activity with a 2 year old when you have a newborn in the house!  Levi ended up with more glitter on him than Juliana did...and after 3 baths I'm still finding glitter on him :)  I knew that it was too humid here to do salt dough ornaments, but was hoping they might last till Christmas...however I think I might have to take them off tomorrow if they haven't already fallen off tonight...

Juliana and I also been checking out Christmas books from the library (and was embarrassed when Juliana thought the angel on the librarian's desk was a fairy), listened to MANY hours of Christmas music (we buy 1 CD each year that we stay in Honduras for the holidays...this year was Michael Buble), wrapped the gifts, watched 1 Christmas movie (so far), and will make paper snowflakes tomorrow morning!  And each morning when she wakes up, Juliana asks if it's Christmas Day yet and then tries to convince me that it is by showing me the tree (to prove it's Christmas-time) and then showing me the sun outside (to prove its day) :)  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: